The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s fellowship programme allows future leaders to spend 12-24 months in Germany working on a research-based project of their own choice in the field of climate protection. Fellows are free to choose their own hosts. Submit an application if you come from a non-European transition or developing country and are active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change. Up to 15 fellowships to prospective leaders and up to five to postdoctoral researchers will be granted, funded under the Federal Environment Ministry’s International Climate Initiative.
– Bachelor’s or equivalent university degree completed less than 12 years ago
– extensive professional experience or a successfully completed doctorate in climate protection or climate-related resource conservation
– mentoring agreement signed by a host in Germany
– clearly visible leadership potential
– monthly fellowship amount between €2,170 – €2,670
– three-week introductory seminar, several-day training course, reception at the Federal Environment Ministry
– up to 2 months intensive German course
– family allowances, lump sum for travel expenses
The closing date for applications is 1 March 2021. The fellowship will commence on 1 March 2022.
For detailed information please visit: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/en/apply/sponsorship-programmes/international-climate-protection-fellowship