ECOLOG Institute for Social-Ecological Research and Education is a private non-profit research institute that promotes and accompanies the societal process of sustainability transitions through scientific analyses, consultancy and education (www.ecolog-institut.de).
We are looking for a part-time (65%)
Research Associate (m/w/d) start at December 1, 2020, initially limited until August 31, 2021. An extension for an additional 4 years is planned, subject to approval by the funding agency.
Together with Leuphana University of Lüneburg and the Institute for Ecological Economy Research (IÖW), we establish the junior researcher group “SteuerBoard Energie”, funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). At ECOLOG, our work focusses on the influence of digitization on decision-making processes about the energy transition in urban and rural areas.
- Participate in the socio-ecological junior research group “SteuerBoard Energie”, in particular
- Develop a concept for a PhD project on the topic mentioned above and work on the corresponding
- project module
- Cooperate with partners at Leuphana and IÖW
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in a thematically relevant discipline (e.g. social or sustainability sciences)
- Experience in at least one of the topics mentioned above and good knowledge of empirical social
- science research methods
- Ability to and interest in scientific work
- Good knowledge of English, good German language skills are required for surveys in municipalities
- Ability to work in a team, conceptual thinking and independent, structured approach
- Applied research and development and varied subjects in an exciting research environment
- Open and pleasant working atmosphere in an interdisciplinary team
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
If you have any questions regarding the content of the position, please contact Dr. Lars Holstenkamp (email@example.com). ECOLOG Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity among its staff. Applicants with severe disabilities and equal qualifications will be given priority consideration. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application (including a cover letter, CV, copies of certificates, list of publications) by October 18, 2020 preferably electronically (merged in a single pdf file) or by mail to:
ECOLOG Institute for Social-Ecological Research and Education, Dr. Lars Holstenkamp, Subject: SteuerBoard Energie, Wichernstraße 34, 21335 Lüneburg, Germany
Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you have any question.
D r . L a r s H o l s t e n k a m p
Leuphana Universität Lüneburg
Institut für Bank-, Finanz- und Gründungsmanagement (IBFG)
Universitätsallee 1, C6.212