The Role and opportunity
Based at our Ruakura Campus and reporting to the Team Leader People and Agriculture, we are seeking to build social science capability in the study of sustainability transitions. This is a project that has a strong emphasis on transdisciplinary research with stakeholders. The overall aim of the role is to support the transition to a more sustainable agri-food sector in New Zealand.
We are seeking a Social Scientist that has expertise in the study of sustainability transitions. You will also have an in-depth knowledge of sustainability transitions theory, current research in this space and the role and impact that science has in these transitions
What you will be doing
Research Delivery – Demonstrate high levels of theoretical and methodological innovation and originality in the area of sustainability transitions.
Scientific Excellence – Consistently deliver high quality, relevant science
Project Management – Design and implement social science projects that contribute to international knowledge of sustainability transitions in the agri-food system, and the role of science in transitions
Your ideal background
- Recent PhD degree in Social Science, such as rural sociology, socio-technical systems, or innovation systems applied to the study of sustainability transitions
- Specific social science expertise in areas aligned with the study of sustainability transitions, such as transdisciplinarity, science dynamics or innovation systems.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to draw on different theoretical perspectives of sustainability transitions (e.g. socio-technical, socio-institutional, socio-economic and/or socio-ecological)
- An in-depth knowledge of current research on sustainability transitions, new roles of research (e.g. mission-oriented research), and/or innovation systems
- Proven ability to participate in transdisciplinary teams, ideally in practical contributions to transitions-in-the-making
- Proven knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative social science methods, and their application to the study of sustainability transitions-in-the-making.
AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today on the link below with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion contact James Turner on email@example.com
Applications close: Thursday 8 October, 5.00pm
You can read more here